Grease is a type of automotive lubricant that is utilized to protect parts of the car from friction. It lubricates the moving parts of the engine of the car. Grease is thick in consistency and well-suited for lubricating automotive parts like wheel bearings, universal joints, and chassis. We at ADOLF7 Automotive Industries Pvt. Ltd. is one of the leading Lubricant Manufacturers sharing three main components of automotive grease are as follows:
- Base oil: It is composed of synthetic or mineral oil
- Thickener: It is made up of metallic soap that contains aluminum, calcium, lithium, polyurea, or clay.
- Additives: Here additives used are oils that allow the grease to perform several functions other than lubrication.
Working of Grease
Apart from being a lubricant, Automotive Grease is helpful for protecting the engine parts and extending their working life. The thickener of the grease greatly increases its consistency and texture, enabling it to work for a longer time and be efficient. It’s specifically advised for high-pressure and heavy-duty applications as it retains all of its properties under pressure.
Types of Grease
Automotive greases are made up of various varieties of oil additives that serve many functions. So, it’s important to select the perfect lubricating grease to reach the results that you desire. Here are the main types of grease:
- General Purpose Grease: It includes base oil with a medium viscosity index. It finds its application as lube for ball joint parts, cables, bearings, hinges and gears.
- Molybdenum Grease: The main component of this type of grease is an oil additive called molybdenum disulfide
- Lithium Grease: It mainly consists of lithium soap, which is a non-detergent soap.
- Calcium sulphonates: It is popularly known as multi-purpose grease that is very resistant to water. It is termed marine grease. It is very useful in the lubrication and protection of marine machinery.
- Poly-urea grease; It is well suited for long-service use. It has a thick consistency and is used for “sealed-for-life” bearings and high temperatures wheel bearings.
Advantages of Grease
- Holding out water and protection against rust and corrosion
- Sustaining a clean engine, free of dust and dirt
- Supplying long-lasting resistance against friction
- Diminishing the noise caused by the engine
- Lowering wear and tear
- It is the best automotive lubricant for your vehicle which enhances its performance.
We offer the best Automotive Lubricant to our clients at a competitive price. So, what are you waiting for? place your order today.